How to change the measurements on existing profile or order
Abi wants to know how edit the measurements of an existing order or pattern. Ths is something we get asked a lot and it’s relatively simple if you know where to look. This tutorial should answer this question, but if anything is unclear then please feel free to leave us a comment.
Abi – Hi, I purchased a few ePatterns last June. Is there a way to edit them with new measurements? I did not see a way to do this on the website. Thanks!
Yes, you certainly can change the measurements of an existing ePattern or PDF order.
1. Make sure that you are logged in to your account.
2. Navigate to the My Account> My Library page. If you have a few orders the page might take a bit of time to load.
3. Find the order you wish to edit from the list of existing orders.
4. Click the “Edit, Preview, Download” button on the correct order to open the pattern draft.
5. In the top left corner click the “Edit measurements” button.
6. A popup similar to the profile page will appear. You can now amend any of the measurements. Please note the Bust, Waist and Hip measurements can only be altered a maximum of three times.
7. Once you have corrected you measurements you can do one of three things:
– Click the “Done” button to redraft the pattern and preview your changes.
– Click the “Copy to Profile” button to save your adjustments back to the existing profile.
– Click the “Create new Profile” button to create a new profile with the adjustments, this will not affect the existing profile.
8. You can do this as many times as you wish for no extra charge. Enjoy!
Learn digital pattern making
Learn how to customise your made-to-measure basic blocks and slopers using Adobe Illustrator as a pattern making platform, using our in depth video tutorials. It’s completely free!
I have no “Edit, Preview, Download” nor any “Edit measurements” button. There is a message in the lower right hand corner stating “This library item has expired at 18 December 2021 04:52 Europe/London”, and a similar message on the other order. I am following your instructions step-by-step. Has there been a change or am I missing something?
It is clear that your and/or your team have put a tremendous amount of effort into creating these detailed tutorials. I appreciate the detail and attention you include and still respond to. Thank you so much for doing what you do!
Hi Gwendolyn, It seems that your pattern has expired. This happens when the pattern is more than 2 months old! We do this to save on server space. We generate thousands of basic blocks a month and need to make space to prevent the site from slowing down. This is mentioned in our terms and conditions and before you purchase the block. Either way, Please email us at email@example.com and we will try to sort the issue out for you.