Drafting the basic straight sleeve block
In this tutorial, I show you how to draft the basic straight sleeve block using the Basic set in sleeve ePattern. The basic straight sleeve block is a very simple pattern and is used to add very slight shaping to the sleeve, to create a more contoured fit. You can use this tutorial to add more contouring to your sleeve, by reducing the circumference of the elbow and cuff. You can also create a 3/4 length sleeve and short sleeve, by cutting the pattern along the “Short sleeve” or “3/4 length sleeve” guidelines.
- Reducing the elbow circumference by 1cm or more depending on your preference.
- Curving the underarm line to create a cleaner smoother seam.
- Adding “Short sleeve” and “three quarter sleeve” guidelines to the block.
- Reshaping the cuff to create a smooth line over the wrist.
- Add seam allowance to your finished Straight sleeve block.
- Print your finished pattern as a multi-page PDF.
Download the multi-page PDF templates. If you are not sure what these templates are, then please use the above tutorial link.