1. Setting up a workspace in Illustrator specifically for pattern cutting
Adobe Illustrator (AI) can be a very intimidating platform, especially when it displays all the bells and whistles! In this tutorial, we show you which tools are important, where to find them, how to add them to your workspace, how to remove tools that you don’t need, and finally, how to save the workspace so you can use it each and every time you draft patterns using Adobe Illustrator. This preparation can be a little time-consuming but I promise it’s well worth it in the long run! This tutorial marks the first in a series that will show you how to transition from manual paper pattern cutting to digital pattern cutting in Adobe Illustrator.
1. Introduction to Adobe Illustrator CC and where to buy and download it.
2. Opening Illustrator and creating a new document.
3. Adding important tools and removing unwanted tools from the workspace, creating an easy-to-use interface for pattern cutting.
4. Saving the new customised workspace for future use.
5. Navigating the new document using the Zoom and Drag tools.
6. Displaying document rulers and toggling between centimetres and inches to suit your project.
You're signing up to receive emails from PatternLab.London