2. An overview of the cutting table and how to import an ePattern
Now that we have set up our workspace and added the important tools for pattern making, we’re ready to start learning how to use those tools! In this tutorial, we show you how to open the Cutting Table in Adobe Illustrator. The Cutting Table is an important document that we have developed to give you some additional tools to help keep your pattern making and finished patterns consistent. It also features a selection of pre-built seam allowances that we explore in later tutorials. Most importantly, it is the document that we use when pattern making design elements such as sleeves, necklines, dress styles etc. It is very important that you familiarise yourself with this document. We also show you how to open your purchased basic block or ePattern into Adobe Illustrator and copy it to the Cutting Table.
1. Opening the Cutting Table document into Adobe Illustrator.
2. A quick overview of the Cutting Table, its features, and why we need it for pattern cutting in Adobe Illustrator.
4. Opening an ePattern in Adobe Illustrator and copying it to the Cutting Table ready for pattern cutting.
5. Navigating your pattern using the Zoom and Drag tools.
6. Saving your Cutting Table and ePattern together as a new document.