Crossover Collar Neckline
The crossover neck looks tricky to pattern cut but is essentially quite a simple adaptation. It uses the side neck dart as a pleat to create complex-looking collar structure. This is one of our
Basic Block/ Sloper Elements
You will need a basic block that has a “Double” front dart to follow this tutorial and draft this neckline.
To save time, click the button below. We’ll create a basic block (in the Lab) that already has this dart preselected for you. All you’ll need to do is select a profile or one of our standard sizes. Don’t forget to purchase your block as an ePattern and not a PDF! PDF patterns can’t be edited, they can only be printed on paper. ePatterns ar fully editable digital basic blocks.
1. Selecting, designing and drafting the correct blocks used to create the crossover collar neck pattern.
2. Opening the purchased ePattern basic blocks in Adobe Illustrator and pasting onto the cutting table ready for pattern making.
3. Measuring the back neck curve, creating the collar template and slash/spreading the top edge of the collar to create shaping.
4. Rotating and aligning the collar to the neckline on the front block.
5. Marking points on the front block to create the crossover width/height and finally drawing in the new front neckline shape.
6. Marking depth of pleat-opening on the upper front dart.
7. Rotating closed lower front dart to increase size of pleat/upper front dart.
8. Creating a facing for the collar and front bodice block.
9. Adding notches to your block in order to match up pattern pieces.
Learn how to use Adobe Illustrator as a digital pattern making platform
Learn the step-by-step basics of digital pattern making in Adobe Illustrator in our short crash course. It’s your first step to producing digital sewing patterns like a pro.
Follow this simple and handy tutorial to learn how to add seam allowance to your finished pattern in Adobe Illustrator.
Multi-page PDF patterns
Transform your finished pattern into multi-page PDF patterns in a range of paper sizes. Then