8. Transforming your finished pattern into a Multi-page PDF sewing patterns
Paper sewing patterns are slowly becoming redundant, mainly due to the cost of commercial printing, packaging, and delivery worldwide. It is this slow transition from paper to digital that is making independent pattern companies a huge success. Now that you know how to adapt your patterns digitally, it’s time to start selling and sharing them as multi-page PDF sewing patterns. In this tutorial, we show you how to transform your finished digital
1. Download the multi-page PDF templates pack and select the paper size(s) that suit your needs.
2. Copy and paste the pattern on to a PDF template.
3. Arrange the blocks by moving and rotating in order to economise printing.
4. Removing redundant pages or Artboards that do not feature pattern pieces.
5. Saving the finished layout as an Adobe Illustrator file for editing later.
6. Saving the finished layout as a multipage PDF with the option to add security.
Put your skills to the test, and improve your ability at pattern making in Adobe illustrator CC with our Style tutorials. Simply find the style you love, auto-draft your custom-fitting basic block, and follow the tutorial. When you’re done, why not add yet more design elements such as a neckline or sleeve to create a truly unique design!